Braintree High Student Press

The Student News Site of Braintree High School

Braintree High Student Press

Braintree High Student Press

Braintree

• 11 AM
    55 °
  • 12 PM
    55 °
  • 1 PM
    54 °
  • 2 PM
    53 °
  • 3 PM
    53 °
  • 4 PM
    53 °
  • 5 PM
    53 °
  • 6 PM
    52 °
  • 7 PM
    51 °
  • 8 PM
    50 °
  • 9 PM
    49 °
  • 10 PM
    49 °
  • 11 PM
    49 °
  • 12 AM
    49 °
  • 1 AM
    49 °
  • 2 AM
    49 °
  • 3 AM
    50 °
  • 4 AM
    50 °
  • 5 AM
    51 °
  • 6 AM
    51 °
  • 7 AM
    52 °
  • 8 AM
    53 °
  • 9 AM
    55 °
  • 10 AM
    58 °
  • 11 AM
    61 °
May 5
57°/ 44°
Moderate rain
May 6
70°/ 48°
Moderate rain
May 7
68°/ 51°
Sunny

Midyear Exams at Braintree High

Midyear Exams at Braintree High

Midyears are back in session at Braintree High School, and students across the school are gearing up in anticipation for three days of tests and exams. From Wednesday through Friday, students will be taking these midyears, though the days will be significantly shorter as a result. Midyears count for a good chunk of a student’s final grade- ten percent of it- and preparations are beginning across the school. 

“I feel pretty unconfident because it’s stuff from throughout the whole year…” said one Junior year student. “But I’m going to be looking through lots of old sheets and studying with friends hopefully.”

Other students have highlighted similar sentiments. 

“I feel like Midyears are a little more stressful yet allow for more free time,” said Sophomore year student Sarah Grezda. In terms of practicing, they said that “My methods are usually identifying my weak spots and using practice problems and flash cards.”

The free time provided by the Midyears’ half day schedule was highlighted by this student prominently, and they stated that it allowed ample time for both further study and catch-up work. They also stated it allowed for some downtime between the exams. 

Senior student Karen Chan expressed annoyance with taking many high level courses and having to test for all of them within a week’s time, citing the studying process as stressful due to the limited studying time provided before the Midyears begin.

AP US History teacher Mr. Pelletier spoke about the abilities of his students on the midyears. While he feels as though he may not have been able to cover as much as he’d like in class, he feels confident in his students’ skills and believes they will do great on the exam. This confidence is felt throughout many teachers in the school. 

Mr. Pelletier, for his class, suggested using review materials posted on Google Classroom, which many other teachers have also done in preparation for the upcoming exams. Other teachers have given physical review sheets, and other older assignments can also aid in the review process.

For students at Braintree High who are worried about the exams, remember to get a good night’s rest and prepare adequately for the test.