Braintree High Student Press

The Student News Site of Braintree High School

Braintree High Student Press

Braintree High Student Press

Braintree

• 12 AM
    52 °
  • 1 AM
    52 °
  • 2 AM
    52 °
  • 3 AM
    52 °
  • 4 AM
    52 °
  • 5 AM
    52 °
  • 6 AM
    52 °
  • 7 AM
    52 °
  • 8 AM
    52 °
  • 9 AM
    52 °
  • 10 AM
    52 °
  • 11 AM
    52 °
  • 12 PM
    52 °
  • 1 PM
    52 °
  • 2 PM
    52 °
  • 3 PM
    52 °
  • 4 PM
    52 °
  • 5 PM
    52 °
  • 6 PM
    52 °
  • 7 PM
    51 °
  • 8 PM
    51 °
  • 9 PM
    51 °
  • 10 PM
    51 °
  • 11 PM
    51 °
May 18
54°/ 51°
Patchy rain nearby
May 19
52°/ 51°
Patchy rain nearby
May 20
65°/ 51°
Partly Cloudy

Why has “American Horror Story” gotten so bad?

This past September, the twelfth season of the FX show, American Horror Story, came out called “Delicate” and has been releasing weekly episodes for its viewers. The weekly releases have been creating extra suspense for this thriller style show and in addition they’ve decided to release the season in two separate parts. Delicate is about a young aspiring actress named Anna Victoria Alcott (Emma Roberts) who also desires to start a family, but begins to think someone is harassing and stalking her as things are finally starting to look up for her. 

While I am a fan of the show and have been watching it for many years, I’m disappointed with Delicate and the creators of American Horror Story. Actors and actresses that were loved by many no longer appear in the recent seasons, the past few storylines have been rather lackluster, and I don’t enjoy the fact I have to wait months to finish ten episodes of a show. On a more positive note, I was delightfully surprised to see Kim Kardashian play Anna’s manager. I don’t love everything about her but I do believe she excels as an actress. Her monotone delivery and sarcastic comments make these episodes slightly more bearable. However, the five episodes that have been released all feel the same with little to no plot development. Without spoiling the show, the main character seems to constantly be in the same situation, struggling to find people who believe her, but at this point it has become repetitive. It’s frustrating to see a show that once provided amazing stories in just a few episodes not be able to come up with something else other than Emma Roberts screaming bloody murder and running around her mansion. We’ve seen this already in the series “Scream Queens”, and honestly that got boring quick too. It’s sad to say since I loved her roles in previous seasons, ones that are also my favorites from AHS such as “Coven” and “1984”. I’m not necessarily looking forward to the second half of the show, but I am committed to watching it in its entirety to give it a fair and complete review. I’m not alone in my critique either, many fans have felt that the show’s quality has been decreasing in the past few years as more of the most-loved actors and actresses have been leaving the show. But if you are looking to watch the show or the new season, part two is expected to come out next year and AHS is viewable on Hulu. I’m hoping that we get to learn more about this stalker in part two of Delicate and figure out what it represents/wants from Anna.